Historic Graveyard Tours
TICKETS FOR 2018 ON SALE NOW!
Join Us This Fall
As seen on Ken Burns’ “The Roosevelts”!
HISTORICAL CHARACTERS FOR 2018 -- "The Year of the Veteran", Commemorating the Centennial of the End of World War I
• Ogden Livingston Mills (1884-1937): Ogden will start off the tour in the church with a welcome and a few words about his wartime service.
• William T. White (1896-1918): A soldier who never saw home again, Private White died of pneumonia in France.
• Ruth Morgan (1870-1934): A feminist and a pacifist, Ruth was active with the American Red Cross during the war.
• Les and Marge Entrup: Husband and wife, they were the houseman and cook for Eleanor Roosevelt.
• Gerald Morgan (1879-1948): Ruth's brother Gerald went to Europe in 1915 as a war correspondent.
• J. Griswold Webb (1890-1934): An adventurer as a young man, Griswold became a New York State Senator who championed veterans' rights.
COME HEAR ALL OF THEIR STORIES!
Free Parking. Tailgaters welcome!
The tour is an hour long, rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, a cancellation notice will be posted on the website with a make-up date.
Suitable for ages 5 and over. We offer family-friendly living history tours, with tour guides and actors dressed in period costume. These are not haunted tours and are not meant to be scary.
Please wear clothing and shoes appropriate to the weather and the terrain. October evenings can get cold, and the ground is uneven.
NO PETS. Service animals only.
No Flash Photography. Flashlights are welcome.
By Reservation Only.
Tickets are $20 Adults; $10 Children 12 and under. Price includes all fees. All major credit cards accepted for online orders.
If you are unable to purchase your tickets using our online system, please call the parish office at 845-229-2820. A limited number of phone-in orders can be accommodated per tour, payable in advance by check or cash only.
Questions about tours or ticket orders can only be handled during office hours: Tuesday - Friday from 8:30 am - 2:30 pm.
All orders are final. We regret we are unable to hold spaces without payment.
All proceeds benefit the on-going ministry and outreach of St. James’ Episcopal Church.
LIMITED MOBILITY INFO
This is a walking tour with limited lighting conducted off-path through our 200-yr. old churchyard. Unfortunately, it is not appropriate for wheelchairs, strollers, or walkers.
FOR MOBILITY CHALLENGED INDIVIDUALS: A GOLF CART WILL BE AVAILABLE AT NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR THE 7:00 AND 8:00 TOURS. RESERVE THRU THE OFFICE ONLY. One adult needs to accompany a child using this service.
4526 Albany Post Road, Hyde Park, NY 12538 (across from the Vanderbilt National Historic Site)
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
Thanks to our community sponsors for their generous support of our graveyard tours. Please call the office at 845-229-2820 to find out how to become a sponsor.